Among the top social media platforms, Twitter had made a name for itself with its bite-sized messaging and sharing system. Businesses that have left onto the platform for its advertising capabilities, but like any social media site, there are ways to get the most out of your marketing budget.
It’s time we took a good look at three different ways you can get the most out of your Twitter ads.
3 Strategies For Optimizing Your Twitter Ads
Your business has a presence on social media, but you want to dig deeper. You’re looking for those social media secrets that can help you get an edge over the competition. When it comes time to start planning your Twitter ads, these three tips will help you create winning campaigns that bring in the most ROI.
1. Establish Clear and Defined Goals
A marketing campaign without goals is like a road trip without a map. You’re going to waste time and money if you don’t know what you want from the investment. This will also give you the opportunity to find out what you want to track and how you’ll measure your success.
Consider these options for your Twitter ads:
- Followers – Gaining more followers is a perfect goal. It can be done with clear and concise copy in your ads.
- Clicks and Conversions – This goal lends itself well to Twitter Website Cards, which can be customized to provide an attractive image and CTA that leads to your website.
- Increased Engagement – Getting people excited about an announcement, event, or product launch is a great way to get more engagement. Use keywords to target people with particular interests and pose a question to get the conversation moving
2. Offer a Free Download or Deal
People are more inclined to do what you want if you give them something in return. Today’s internet is all about value. If people can get something out of it, they’ll be more likely to participate. This is where your ads come into play.
When you’re creating CTAs and copy for your Twitter ads, consider the WIIFMs (What’s in it for Me?) and illustrate those to entice people to participate. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Sign up for our email newsletter and get an INSTANT 20% discount on your next order!
- Interested in our new product? Retweet this for a chance to WIN one!
- Tweet with the #YourBrand for a chance to WIN a prize!
Tell them what you want them to do, and then offer something in return. Thankfully, Twitter is so fast and easy to use, that it doesn’t take much for people to join in since it usually only takes a few clicks.
3. Target The Right People
Twitter offer a huge number of different factors you can use to target the people you want to reach. Tailoring your message to reach the right people is easily one of the best ways to maximize your investment with Twitter ads.
Here are some of the ways you can better tailor your ads:
- Based on followers
- Specific device users
- Tailored audiences
Start with basic targeting elements and then narrow it down to one audience per campaign. At the end of the day, don’t be afraid to experiment either. Trial and error is one of the best ways to find out what works for your audience.
Twitter ads are a great way to achieve your marketing goals. Follow these strategies to maximize every dollar you spend and properly measure your ROI. How do you maximize your Twitter ads? Let us know in the comments!
Guest Post Author:
Jared Cunningham is a digital marketer who specializes in social media strategies.